ITALIAN LANGUAGE LEARNING
- Enriches and enhances a child’s mental development.
- Improves a child’s understanding of his/her native language.
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know.
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for college.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
Email Ms. Cristiano using the Contact Form Below for more information.
No Child Left Behind (NCLB) identifies foreign language as a core subject, only about a fourth of U.S. public elementary schools report teaching foreign languages, and most of these schools provide only introductory courses. Fewer than half of all U.S. high school students are studying a foreign language. On examining the research in 2005, education research analyst Janice Stewart found that foreign language study, “especially when introduced in the early elementary school years,” is associated with three additional benefits of “increased cognitive skills, higher achievement in other academic areas, and higher standardized test scores.”